Formal A+ Requirements
Once you have decided to participate in the A+ program, every year matters. So make wise choices, use good judgment, attend school regularly and be serious in the classroom.
1. Minimum of 2.5 GPA and graduate with a 2.5 GPA. That is cumulative from the first semester of your freshmen year through the last semester of your senior year.
2. Attendance rate is 95%, once again, cumulative from the first semester of your freshmen year through the last semester of your senior year.
3. Maintain a record of good citizenship at school and within the community.
4. Avoid the use of illegal drugs including alcohol.
5. Perform a minimum of 50 hours of unpaid tutoring through a district-approved program. 25% of those hours can be earned through job shadowing.
6. Make a documented (FAFSA) attempt to secure free federal funds.
7. Register with the selective service, if required by law.
8. Attend an A+ high school for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation.